Monday 14 May 2007

Medieval Fair 2007 - The Day

6th May 2007

Well the day started bright and early (7:30am) and the weather was showing some promising signs. Mum had been up slightly earlier than the rest of us finishing off the hem on my new surcote.

After getting ready (that’s 3 layers of clothing, doing something with my hair and finding my shoes), we headed off to pick up one of my best friends – Margaret – who was to be traveling with us to the event. Some may think us completely bonkers, but for the last couple of Medieval Fairs the two of us have made the effort to go in costume.

An hour and a bit later we arrived at Gumeracha (the town hosting this years event). Street parking was at a premium as the local footy club had pulled their support (use of the oval for parking) at the last minute. Something about not having their new roadway completed in time.

There was a definite market/fair like atmosphere that I don’t think I have felt at previous events. Must be something to do with the location.

I also successfully managed to avoid getting a rose (although they seemed to be going for the kids this year which is a really good thing). Thank Wassname!

Another friend, Nadia, managed to join us as we were having lunch, so the three of us headed for the market stalls and to watch the knights AGAIN!

On the whole a fun day was had by all. I managed to purchase a book on patterns for my Marudai. Its one that had been suggested to be by Margaret’s mum and cost me more than what it probably should have. It means that I can now attempt more patterns than the spiral one I have managed so far.

Till next time.
Guardian

No comments: