Monday 5 March 2007

Bead Multitasking

As the title suggests Ive currently got several projects on the go at once.

1) My black and red japanese braid to be combined with beads and chain maille.

I first off decided to do the maille part out of black (enameled copper) wire to make the whole item very black and red. That was until I managed to visit Beads on Parade ( located in the Norwood Mall Shp 13/ 166a The Parade Norwood 5067) who have just go in a range of the most stunning wire I have ever seen.

To be continued... Interrupted by BOSS!!!!!

Vivid wire its called. And they have some georgous colours. Besides that they have non-tarnish silver and brass in both 20 and 18 gauge. So now this necklace will have silver chain maille parts.

2) Another project im working on is something that I can wear to my cousins wedding this easter. I have found a maille pattern I would like to try, only problem is that I can't make the several different sized jump rings needed for it. Now I have to go hunting for some brass rods in different thicknesses so I can get dad to build a device for me to make them on.
There used to be a shop just around the corner from us that sold brass rods that were the perfect length but they have moved onto Seacombe Road now. I will have to find my way through there this weekend to see if they still sell them. Failing that I shall head to Bunnings.

3) Im finnishing off a cross-stitch as well. Its a wedding sampler that I was going to give to a girl I went to school with when she got married, but I didn't get it finished in time and wasn't invited to the wedding. SO Im changing the names and date on it for my cousin's wedding present. It will be finished by easter even if I have to bring it to work and do some at lunch time.

Getting projects 2 and 3 finished are my top priority at the moment. I am not doing anything else this weekend apart from completing these projects (besides getting something to make the jump rings on).

I probably should get back to work now, even though Ive only had half a lunch break. I need to get February balanced by tomorrow. The boss want's to get the transaction report letters out by tomorrow night.

Until I find myself wandering through the forest again....

No comments: